Thread: Hello!

Hello!

Hi all, just thought I'd introduce myself... I'm currently a teacher in the UK, but with the government doing their best to ruin British education I'm looking at going back to a web development job (something I had before going into teaching).

I've picked up some decent PHP skills by creating sites for people over the past few years, and I own The Gaming Review (a Wordpress-based gaming site, I won't link to it, don't want to get in trouble already!) which has been massively tweaked and rewritten to a point where the Wordpress plugin backend doesn't really know what's going on half the time.

The point is, I need better PHP skills to get back into a "normal" job so I'm trying to learn some more advanced stuff, and stumbled across a great user tutorial here. Now... here I am!

Sorry. That wasn't very interesting...

Re: Hello!

Eh, It was close enough, mine isn't much better.

Do you do more with editing pre-existing stuff, or are you able to create your own stuff?

What are your strengths / weaknesses?
    Once you know these you can start working on improving them!
    Main PC: i7 860 Quad Core 2.8GHz. 16GB DDR3 @ 1666mhz. 760 GTX 2GB, RX570 8GB, 128GB SSD, 1 TB SSHD, 2 x 1TB Samsung HD103SJ. Win 10 x64. Thermaltake Element V.

Server: Ryzen 3 3GHz Quad Core, 4 GB DDR4, Not important, 256GB Intel 545 SSD, 5 x 4TB Somthings

http://kingsley-muir.com

Re: Hello!

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you found the tutorial useful, and hopefully you're well on your way to advancing your knowledge in PHP. As far as advanced code goes, I'm not sure what you're interested in learning. We've got some other tutorials in the archive that might interest you. http://www.zonehacks.com/archive/