Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking to get into web developing and php

Re: Looking to get into web developing and php

I'll probably get hated on for this, but the new WebMatrix (3) is pretty good. I have cs6 Dreamweaver and I feel some of its CSS benefits are handy, but Webmatrix tends to have a wider variety of ease-of-use. It installs all of the necessary components (similar to a WAMP server). It does have a couple coding syntax limitations, but not with the general PHP, CSS, HTML and JS. Also has skinable text syntax.

Nanaimo/Neskain-Halaut, BC, Canada, America

Quote Originally Posted by longestdrive View Post
    I use notepad++ and wampserver on win pc for quick stuff. dreamweaver for my bigger sites
    I also use Notpad++
    777 CoffEe, dOs, tHA haCKER GoOD 777
    ***WooP WooP WooP ***

sublime2 is bad ass as shit.

PHPStorm is hands down the best PHP IDE going at the moment. It's free for students and educational use too https://www.jetbrains.com/phpstorm/ There's a bit of a learning curve involved with using it so if this is too complex for you then try Sublime Text.

Don't touch Dreamweaver. Adobe have changed the editor over recent years and it's now very sluggish and unresponsive.

fuck gedit. It has nice color schemes and shit. But now i use SublimeText2. NOT 3.
    It is plugin-able, and has many themes. Supports just about every scripting language known to man.

I use Sublime Text on Mac OS X.

For PHP web development, I recommend checking out Laravel. https://laracasts.com/series/laravel-5-fundamentals has good 'getting started' series.